Crocus Bunny

Here’s a selection of the crocuses in my garden, and a few in egg-cups.  Egg-cups or espresso cups seem the only thing tiny enough for a crocus.  Whilst snowdrops have long enough stems for a little jar or a tea-cup, crocuses have very stumpy legs.  I even have to bung a bit of tin-foil in the bottom of the egg-cup to prop them up a bit.

Crocuses really open out in the sun, and look at the orange styles in the white one!  I am trying to identify this lovely crocus.  Am wondering if it is ‘Joan of Arc’ or ‘Jean d’Arc’?  Are there any crocus experts out there who can help?

I love it when crocuses are set against a really dark background, like my lovely black gold compost, which I used as mulch in the bright border, below.  The little flecks of sunshine add to the effect.

These are simply beautiful!
    More power to you if you can blog on a regular time . I can’t seem to do that.

I get up very early!

3. It’s wonderful to see a bit of spring, thanks! We’re still a couple of months out yet. With regard to blogging frequency, kudos to you if you can blog daily – even quick posts. I’ve been blogging for a few years now, so my posts tend to be when the mood strikes 🙂

Lynn

Liked by 1 person

Yes, I write when the mood strikes when possible, but ideas might have to brew for a while if I can’t write. I scribble notes to myself for later!

4. Janice says:

Beautiful spring flowers…we are not there yet but it’s nice to get a preview 🙂

That’s what I enjoy about reading posts from around the world. There are so many variations is seasons and climate!

Liked by 1 person

1. Janice says:

Yes, it’s been an eye/mind opener 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. I love seeing the crocuses every spring. I should plant more.

They are really easy, and cheap and cheerful. ❤️

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, I planted some 13 years ago, but they are mostly gone now. I should start again. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. ladyfi says:

Crocuses already – you’re lucky! And those egg cup flower holders are charming!

Thank you! We painted the bunny ones a few years ago at a ceramics cafe.

We are lucky. And once the crocuses are here, everything else starts to appear really quickly – hellebores, hyacinths, primroses…

8. rusty duck says:

Lovely! Crocuses don’t do well for me generally. As with any bulbs. I have to keep them in pots and out of the way of the critters that eat them and the endless rain. But I’m going to try again this year. I so miss the Spring garden that I used to have before we moved this far west!

What critters do you encounter? I love hearing about the different challenges gardeners face and ways around it.

9. Nancy says:

We here in the Sonoran desert do not get crocuses unless we bring in special dirt and water to the landscape. I miss seeing them.

However… I do have them come up in late March in Pennsylvania.

Your pictures are beautiful. I love the spring crocus!

As for blogging… I try to blog twice a week (if I am not overly busy… which tends to aggravate my plan!)

Go with what works best for you! Have a great weekend!

Thank you Nancy!

Liked by 1 person

10. susurrus says:

I’m not a crocus expert, but have a picture of one very like your white from an RHS garden that was labelled ‘Jeanne d’Arc’. It was quite a large flower.

I agree with Nancy, you should go with what works best for you and don’t worry if you need to change things up later. I used to like the rhythm of a quick and easy Wordless Wednesday post followed by a more considered Weekly Photo Challenge on Friday, with anything else I fancied slipped in as and when. Then the challenge was moved to Wednesday…

Oh good, I hoped I’d got Joan of Arc in the garden. I will let her plump up for a couple more years and then try to divide her.
      Thank you for your advice re: frequency. I think you’re right, I will find a rhythm that works for me. Thanks for the blogging support!

Liked by 1 person

11. Lora Hughes says:

That aluminum foil tip is pure gold. So simple & yet I never thought of it. Never thought of picking crocuses either. Your look great in the egg cups.

Tra la! 😘 I’m so glad I had a practical moment!

12. Lovely photos 🙂. I think once a week for long form blog post, dotted with splashes of colourful photographs is the way to go. Personally, I’m not too bothered about the timings of the posts. There are auto-schedulers out there you can use to schedule to posts (Hootsuite, Buffer I think?)

Thank you! Yes, actually I think I’m just going to relax and go with the flow, and I guess some weeks I will have more to say or show than others.