GDPR

If you are receiving this post by email, I would like to thank you for your support of my blog. If this is appearing in your WordPress reader, you can ignore it! Though you may be interested in GDPR…

In accordance with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), as of 25th May 2018, I am setting out below what data I hold, how I look after it and for what purposes I use it.

Data Privacy Notice

1.    The Mindful Gardener is a hobby website containing articles about gardening.  The Mindful Gardener is not a business but it does process limited amounts of your personal data.

2.    Your personal data has been provided to me by you to receive blog posts by email.

3.    Your personal data is not used for marketing purposes or to sell any products.

4.    The Mindful Gardener holds the following personal data to enable communications to you by email: Name and Email address.

5.   All information held by The Mindful Gardener is supplied by you. I do not collect personal data about you from third parties.

6.   Your personal data is not shared with or sold to any third parties.

7.    The Mindful Gardener takes reasonable actions to ensure your data is safe.  Data is stored on a password protected blogging software package (WordPress) accessed through a password protected Personal Computer (PC).

8.    You can choose to unsubscribe to The Mindful Gardener at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the base of this email. Your details will be deleted permanently.

9.    You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.

Many thanks for reading this Data Privacy Notice.

This is something I have not caught up with, or am aware of, so I think I will have to google it and see if it is something I should worry about

It is a European directive Pauline so no need for you to worry about. You may see cookie banners at the bottom of sites you visit though which you can accept (or not) and access the WP policy on cookie data held by them.

I think I’ll just ignore it all jude

Feel free to copy and paste mine and just change the name of the website/host!

Thanks Ali, but I think I will just ignore it all, for now anyway

2. Claudette says:

The world is going bonkers.

3. Val says:

I’m having the heebie jeebies over the GDPR, Ali. While I’m good at colouring photos, I’m absolutely hopeless at wording official documents and despite having read reams about it (including the official guidelines), I’m still no nearer to doing a privacy policy of my own. Mine’s not quite as straightforward as yours, unfortunately, because of my content. I’ve been trying to write it for weeks. 😦

Oh no! Sorry you’re having a nightmare, Val. I wonder if there are any other art websites that might be in a similar position and you could have a look at theirs? There was a lot of reassurance from the regulators that this is the start of a process and they’re not expecting everyone to perfect their websites overnight.

1. Val says:

I’ve been looking at other people’s blogs for days… haven’t yet found one like mine, but I’ve made a(nother) start… about two thirds of the way through, but whether I’ll ever manage to finish it is anyone’s guess.

Not sure I saw the reassurances from the regulators but I did see that if one falls foul of the GDPR, that the first thing to happen is a warning and that there are several other steps taken before the fine of all fines.

Uh. Boring, isn’t it?