Be still, Life

One of the kindest things I can do for myself is to cut flowers for the kitchen table.

_9230066

Life sometimes gets hectic, and I forget.

_9230067

And of course this is when I most need them.

_9230074

There is nothing quite so calming as to gaze into a flower’s depths,

_9240118

To see how it is formed, and what’s holding it together.

_9240077

We realise that there is more to life than our woes.

_9230068

Sometimes there is light,

_9240082

Sometimes there is darkness.

_9240077

Sometimes there is peace,

_9240078

Sometimes there is drama.

_9240076

There is not much we can do to control what happens,

_9240084

But we can control how we respond to it.

_9230072

If we can act thoughtfully, and calmly, and do the wise thing for the next five minutes, this will serve us well.

_9230070

We might even do the thoughtful, calm and wise thing for the next five minutes, and the next.

This blog is about living a thoughtful life.Β  There is much to get us het up, and we are right to act when we see injustice.Β  If we do this in a considered way, we are more likely to help others listen.

If you would like to take time out to gaze at flowers and appreciate the wonders that are all around, then join in.Β  You can leave a comment below, or you might like to receive an email each time I publish a new post.Β  Click on the big ‘Follow’ button at the bottom of the page to join the serenity!

1. Judith Findon says:

Really love this and it is just the wise words I needed. Thank you.

Thank you Judith. X

2. Thanks for the reminder – I need to go out and find some to pick and bring indoors. Thank you for your thoughts which echo mine in so many ways. πŸ™‚

Thank you too. We stand together.

3. There is nothing better than cut flowers in your home. It truly is a gift for the soul. Your flowers are brilliant and beautiful!

Thank you Lisa. X

4. As I scrolled through the pictures and read your words, I felt calm. Thank you. πŸ™‚

That is good to hear. Thank you Laurie. X

Beautiful. If my garden is ever full of such beauty there will be a table full every day.

6. Breathe deep… and smell their aroma too. πŸ™‚ You have such a bounty of beautiful flowers!

Thank you Martin. Our autumn is generous.

7. I love this ideas of yours of gazing into a flower’s depths. You do that so well–it is a gift you have, I think, and you are helping me to develop it, too. I am sorry you have had some folks giving you drama lately. I appreciate you so much and how your spirit and lover for flowers brightens my life.

Thank you Shelly. πŸ€—πŸ™

8. Nature can surely soothe the soul. I have a bouquet of white roses in a blue teapot on my kitchen table right now and they are giving me such pleasure. A gift from a friend…all the better. Your blog continues to impress me. It’s a thing of beauty.

That sounds like a lovely combination. Thank you Michelle. X

9. Wise words, simply beautiful! πŸ™‚

Well said, Ali – and this is why IAVOM has changed the habits of many of us

It is a beautiful thing you do, with IAVOM, Cathy. ❀️

Now who’s saying such flattering things, Ali! πŸ˜‰ And if I hadn’t instigated IAVOM I am sure somebody else would have πŸ™‚