Low-Impact Days

Not every day can be dynamic.

Some days you don’t tick anything off your to-do list.

Some days you just need to lie in a little patch of sunlight.

PA090049

You might have a little stretch.  Make it a good stretch.  Close your eyes.  Extend your tail.  Push your paws forward.

PA090050

Inhale.

PA090051

And exhale.  (Or yawn).

PA090052

If you can’t be bothered with any of that, just sleep (see Ziggy, foreground).

Some of my posts are more high-impact than this one. Feel free to look through the archives or use the search bar. I hope you find something to suit your mood.

If you would like a regular dose of mindfulness this winter, then consider clicking on the ‘Follow’ button at the bottom of this post. You will receive an email link to each new post.

What will help you through the darker days? I will see what I can do to help!

1. Nothing like a good stretch. I laugh at my dog when shes relaxing herself.

It is a lovely thing to watch, isn’t it. Very rarely, Ruby makes a noise when she yawns. Once she said ‘heyow’!

1. Ha ha. I bet that made you look twice😊

I always enjoy watching cats/dogs sleeping, specially in the sunlight, like this.

It is so relaxing, isn’t it? If I really need soothing, I put my head on them. I love feeling them breathe.

They are gorgeous. Bit smelly, but gorgeous.

1. That’s made me laugh.

3. What a lovely post Ali. Your dogs have it sussed. It is rather nice to have rest and relaxation over winter.

They often show me the way to contentment.

4. Maggie Frost says:

I love, love, love your doggies. King Charles Cavaliers are one of my favorites. Your blog is so inspirational to me, I garden too, it is my soul, the deepest part of me.

Thank you so much Maggie. I am very happy to have you here!

5. Rupali says:

Resting is important too.

It certainly is. X

Dog day are good days.

7. Yeah, I’m feeling that way today. No sunshine to lie in today, however, just gloomy grey light. Maybe that’s why I’m feeling “that way”?

Weather has a massive impact on our mood, doesn’t it? That’s where chocolate comes in…

1. Hot chocolate to get me motivated for today’s housecleaning? I’ll buy that, Ali!

Haha, nothing like a bit of yoga to activate the mind… or not! 🙂

9. Such a sweet post, Ali. We all need days like this 🙂

1. Dogs know how to do the basics!

10. Oh my word! This is so perfect I can barely stand it. These puppies are adorable, and thank you for this reminder to let ourselves do nothing some days.

1. Who’d have thought, Ruby and Ziggy are the gurus living amongst us!